Conference Info:Date: June 26-27, 2013
Location: The Metropolitan Club, New York City
Audience: Institutional investors, high net worth individual investors, family offices, business development executives throughout the US and Europe building and financing high growth medical technology, health care and life science companies.
View the Schedule!
View the Agenda!
The Cloud: A New Frontier
A Technological Revolution as a Strategic Partner.
Thursday, June 27th, 2013: 10:50AM- 11:30AM
The cloud. You’ve done the research, you know if you don’t act you’ll be left behind. You’ve chosen your development partners, maybe you’ve even gone as far as connecting your device. Congratulations…now what do you do? You’ve made all the right decisions but you may have overlooked a key question. How can you utilize this connected device to bring in the revenue you need?
This panel will focus on the things you need to do to ensure you will be able to make money on this newly connected medical device. Panelists will include experts in the design and regulatory area of mobile health and cloud services. You will hear actionable do’s and don’ts from representatives of both large and small companies who’ve successfully launched a product in this space.
- What does an increase in patient efficiency/data monitoring due to biotechnology portfolios? Will this increase channels to revenue?
- How can mHealth be integrated into device and diagnostics pipelines?
- What are the regulatory mandates surrounding the sector?
- Does the move away from ‘normative’ medicine create or hinder market opportunity? How will technology platforms in biotech reflect this movement?
- To what extent does mHealth represent strategic partnership opportunity?
- How can investors assess the impact that these trends have on their current and future portfolio companies?
- What is the regulatory path for these technologies?
- Why is there a need for a med-cloud?
- How is ‘big healthcare’ approaching the sector?
- Will there be insurance and reimbursement precedents?
Christian Haller, Director, Product Development, MPR, is a trusted advisor and strategist for business executives in the medical technology and consumer products industries. Mr. Haller works with executives at start-ups and Fortune 500 companies to conceive, finance, develop, manufacture and market first of a kind products and new technologies. Mr. Haller is also a serial internal entrepreneur at MPR, where he has successfully built three new business units. Since 2002, he has been the Vice President of the Product Development division, where he directs all operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Building upon MPR’s 48 year history of medical technology design and engineering, MPR Product Development is now the largest independent third party design and engineering company for medical devices.
Dr. Cynthia Nolte, Director, Regulatory Services, Aptiv Solutions, Dr. Nolte has over 15 years of experience in medical device regulatory affairs and has contributed to the successful launch of over 100 medical devices. She works closely with clients to develop and implement regulatory strategies, communicate with FDA and international regulatory agencies, and submit regulatory documentation. Her expertise includes complex medical device products and systems including drug delivery systems, stand-alone software products, software-controlled instrumentation, implantable devices, infection control products and tissue engineered products. She is also an expert in the design and execution of human factors testing for medical devices.
Additional participants to be named in the coming weeks.