Bespak to Acquire Emergent for $38 Million

British device firm Bespak said today that it would acquire Emergent Respiratory Products of Irvine, CA, for $38 million. The purchase, to be completed in two steps, will expand Bespak’s airway management portfolio. Emergent’s specialty breathing equipment, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), is used in ERs as a non-invasive early treatment for patients experiencing breathing problems. The CPAP products compliment Bespak’s existing U.S. anaesthesia and airway management business, King Systems, which it acquired in 2005. For Emergent, Bespak will initially invest $3 million for a 51% equity stake in the company. The initial investment will be used to enlarge Emergent’s pre-hospital sales organization. The remaining 49% will be acquired from the current shareholders between 2009 and 2011 for an estimated $15 million – $18 million, subject to a maximum deferred consideration of $35 million.

The comments are closed.